Wednesday 10 June 2020

Pirate Girls Rule!

Pirate Girl by Cornelia Funke 

Photo Credit: Roy Priest 

NORMAN: Avast me hearties! Look at all the booty I collected on my travels on the High Seas. I need to bury my treasure quick though, I saw Barbarous Bertha's ship through my telescope, and she's one of the scariest pirates on the Seven Seas!

Hi boys and girls! As you can see, Captain Norman has a whole chest of treasure from his travels at sea. Do you think he might let me choose some nice jewellery from it if I give him a few extra treats today?

Did you know that some of the fiercest pirates in history were girl pirates? Two of the most famous were named Anne Bonny and Mary Read. They became best friends and pirate partners who looted and pillaged fishing ships in the Bahamas in the 1700s. They were actually real life "Pirates of the Caribbean!"

Today we are going to read an action packed story called "Pirate Girl" about a little girl named Molly who is kidnapped by a band of mean pirates. They think that they can scare her, but they can't, because she has a secret about who her mother is that will leave the pirates shaking in their boots!

I am including two different pirate sheets for you to work on today. One is a colouring sheet and the other is word search!

Pirate Girl Video:


Activity Sheets:

1) Colouring Sheet:


2) Word Search: 


Make sure to find some fun and exciting books to read at home today!
xo, Miss Elden


No comments:

Post a Comment