Wednesday 6 May 2020

I want my mummy!

Owl Babies by Martin Waddell (Grade 1 Read Aloud)
Photo Credit: Roy Priest

PERCY: Our mummy built this cozy nest for us to live in.
BILL: Our mummy spends the evening hunting for food to feed us.


NORMAN: My mummy spends all day taking photographs of me to put on my library blog.

Photo Credit: Brendan Gray 

SARAH: Norman, your mummy sounds like a nutter, want to come live with us?

Hi boys and girls! Today we are going to read a story called Owl Babies, about a mama owl and her three owlets, Sarah, Percy and Bill. As you can see from the photos, Norman is friends with the owlets and they offered for him to come live in their nest with them. He said thanks for the offer, but even though his mummy is always taking his photos, he loves her, so is going to stay put.

Owls are very beautiful birds of prey.  They are nocturnal, which means they sleep during they day, and are awake during the night.  There are around 200 different types of owls, and a group of owls is called a parliament. Now that you know a few facts about owls, let's read the story Owl Babies together. 

Owl Babies Video:



Isn't Bill a silly little owlet?? Norman laughed so hard every time he said "I want my mommy" I thought he was going to fall off the couch.

Since the story was about a mama owl and her babies, and since Mother's Day is coming up this weekend, I thought you could work on a beautiful Mother's Day colour-by-number sheet at home.  Maybe you can even give it to your mummy this weekend for Mother's Day (shhh don't tell her, let's keep it a secret and surprise her!)

Colour-By-Number Sheet:
Click here for printable version of colour-by-number sheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gzkk93CP70RK5O2_WBmZEQdKhxsqB9O-/view?usp=sharing

I miss you all very much. Keep on reading every day at home, because READING IS FUN!
xo, Miss Elden

No comments:

Post a Comment