Wednesday 27 May 2020

How Norman and Miso Became Pirates

How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long

Photo Credit: Roy Priest

NORMAN: Ahoy Miso you scurvy dog, have you finished swabbing the decks?
MISO: Aye, aye Captain Norman! Now can I take a nap?
NORMAN: Not until we've sung some sea chanteys and you've polished my cutlass!
MISO: Being a pirate is hard work!

Ahoy AJ boys and girls! As you can see, Norman and his friend Miso are learning all about pirates on board the pirate ship. Did you know that the black pirate flag with the skull and cross bones on it is called the Jolly Roger? Did you know that a cutlass is a sword with a curved blade? Keep following Norman and Miso over the next few weeks and you will learn a LOT about pirates (like how they never brushed their teeth...EW!) Today we are going to read my favourite pirate story called How I Became a Pirate. You're going to think it is very funny!

After you have listened to the story, you can print out and colour a pirate ship sheet. Maybe you can even find a spot to draw Captain Norman on the ship too!

How I Became a Pirate Video:


Colouring Sheet:
Click here for printable version of colouring sheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17YjUBeoD62LdwZdIj1FxVrWn68bIE1Yy/view?usp=sharing

I hope you find some time to read a good book or two today!
xo, Miss Elden



No comments:

Post a Comment