Monday 6 April 2020

"I solemnly swear, that I am up to no good" - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Hello AJ students, I still miss all of you!

I think you all know how much I love Harry Potter, don't you? They are some of my absolute FAVOURITE books to read. In fact, I love them so much, that I decided to take a trip to Hogwarts myself - here is a photo of me on Platform 9 3/4, just before I got on the Hogwarts Express.
I know that many of you love Harry Potter just as much as I do - maybe even more! I wanted to share a few cool Harry Potter links with you to look at while you are at home. Norman and I spent all morning getting sorted into our Hogwarts houses - can you guess which one he was sorted into? That's right, he's a Gryffindor! He's hoping to meet Hermione in the library :)

There is a newly updated Harry Potter website that you might want to check out called "Harry Potter at Home" - it has lots of fun activities like word searches, quizzes, and a link to the free audiobook of the first Harry Potter novel, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, on Audible.

Here is the link to the Harry Potter at Home website: https://www.wizardingworld.com/collections/harry-potter-at-home

Here is the link to the free audiobook version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on Audible: stories.audible.com

If you have an account with Surrey Public Library, you can also download the eBook and audio versions of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone onto your personal device with no wait time!

Here is the link to the Surrey Public Library website: https://www.surreylibraries.ca/


Don't forget what Hermione Granger says, "When in doubt, go to the library" - even if it has to be a virtual one right now ;)

Don’t forget to add your email into the “Follow by Email” box on the top right-hand side of the page to get email notifications when I make a a new post, or you can just keep checking back often to see what’s new.

Keep up all your great reading!
xo, Miss Elden

2 comments:

  1. Sam asks, “Can you get to the chamber of secrets through the bathroom?”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only witches and wizards know the answer to that question - he'll have to wait until he goes to Hogwarts to find out! :)

      Delete