Friday 24 April 2020

Are you telling me I'm playing peek-a-boo with a 119 year old rabbit?

The Further Tale of Peter Rabbit ~ Emma Thompson (Grade 2/3 Read Aloud) 



Happy Friday boys and girls! As you can see, Norman was playing a game of peek-a-boo with Peter Rabbit today. He was both very interested, and very confused by the entire thing. When I told him that Beatrix Potter wrote the story of Peter Rabbit in 1901, which makes Peter Rabbit 119 years old, he couldn't believe it! "Why that rabbit doesn't look a day over 3!" he said to me in shock.


I know that I have read The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter to many of you before. We have two full baskets of Beatrix Potter books in the library that are always being taken home by students to read. Today I am going to read you The Further Tale of Peter Rabbit by Emma Thompson. It is the story of what happens to Peter Rabbit after he has all of his naughty adventures in Mr. McGregor's garden. Just in case you haven't read the original Tale of Peter Rabbit, or in case you'd like to hear it again, I am including a link to it for you to watch if you'd like.

The Tale of Peter Rabbit: (From Storytime Online)


Isn't Peter such a naughty little rabbit? Now, I will read you The Further Tale of Peter Rabbit in the video below. I wonder what other adventures Peter will get up to? Click on the video and let's find out...

The Further Tale of Peter Rabbit Video:


If you would like to work on some activities, I am going to include links to a Peter Rabbit colouring sheet, and a Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle word search if you'd like to print them and work on them at home.

Activity Sheets:
Click here for printable version of colouring sheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c_ItDNI3yBEVKo2X5wqBSgjSjqkJPZSM/view?usp=sharing

Click here for printable version of word search: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JjeW4qGZedDuG_J4Ad4BmqbHqR-UIFxR/view?usp=sharing

Because it is the start of the weekend, Norman and I have decided to have a movie night this evening. Any guesses what we are watching? You got it - we are going to watch Peter Rabbit on Netflix! Norman is already in the kitchen making the popcorn. Maybe you and your families might watch this movie together this weekend too!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and keep up all of your amazing reading at home!
xo, Miss Elden

No comments:

Post a Comment